Pre-Sell Your Album With Dropcards
Pre-selling an album is one of the easiest ways to generate a buzz and get fans excited about your new record. Selling a download card puts the album in your fans hand before it’s even available. It also gives you time to plan your pre-sale strategy and reward your fans along the way.
The key to a good pre-sale is to carefully plan ahead and send a clear message to your fans about the perks of pre-ordering. What’s included? For example, our client Bullet For My Valentine included a free video of the making of one of their songs to insentivize the pre-order of their album Fever. By using a Dropcard they were able to give fans a “key” they could use to unlock the album download later.
Here are some other ideas to consider:
- Sell your pre-order Dropcard as part of a merch package.
- Give your fans a discount for buying the album early.
- Include bonus material on the Dropcard that will not be on the record.
- Use the Dropcard for the album download as well a fan club card for discounts at shows.
- Make the Dropcard a VIP pass for your album release show.
Take it from bands like The Word Alive, Eisley, Bullet For My Valentine, The Hold Steady and Kylesa. Pre-orders are the way to go. For ideas and tips, give us a call at (800) 608-2811 or shoot us an email. We’d be happy to help you plan your next pre-order with Dropcards.